The vision of Biblica is to facilitate the transformation of lives around the world through the provision of Bibles and biblical resources.
Who is Biblica?
- Biblica is the fruit of the merger between International Bible Society and Send the Light in 2007.
- For 200 years International Bible Society (IBS) shared God’s Word around the world. Through two centuries of ministry, IBS provided Scriptures to soldiers on battlefields, inmates in prisons, immigrants, the poor, and anyone who needs the hope of the Bible.
- For 50 years Send the Light (STL) has taken Christian literature to the farthest reaches of the world, so that people everywhere could encounter Jesus Christ through the gospel message.
- In 2007 IBS and STL merged to take the Bible and biblical resources to new places, in more languages, in ways never before envisioned.
- IBS-STL now moves into a third century of ministry as Biblica. But this is much more than a simple name change. Biblica is driven to reach those who have never experienced the transformational power of God’s Word in ways that uniquely meet their personal needs.
We are motivated by 200 years of passion and commitment to the provision of God’s Word, but with a fresh vision to reach the world with the Bible and resources that brings people into deeper relationship with God.
Biblica works to accomplish four missional objectives:
- Evangelism – We want to reach the lost with God’s Word in formats that capture their hearts and minds.
- Education – We want to help educate church leaders worldwide in the effective use of Scripture to reach and change their communities.
- Equipping – We equip the Body of Christ with the Scripture resources and biblical content to use in reaching out in their local context.
- Engagement – We develop resources that engage people in a deeper experience with God’s Word and therefore, the God of the Bible. Our goal is continually draw people into deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
Find Out More
You can find out more about the ministry of Biblica by visiting http://www.biblica.com